Before anyone (*ahem* my husband) reads anything into this, please know that Nick is a fantastic gift giver. He knows what I like, has fantastic taste, and never, ever has to print out internet order receipts or sneak out to the CVS to pick up last-minute gifts for special occasions (like *ahem* his wife). I’m hardly, if ever, disappointed by what’s under the wrapping paper.
That said, I still think it’s okay to let folks who soon may find themselves searching for a special occasion gift know what’s on the “I’d Love To Have It” swag list. It cuts down on confusion. And gets you what you want (or at least something similar to it). Here, in no particular order of importance, is a homage to the items that would make me very happy if they found their way into a bag with, oh, say, “Happy Mother’s Day” written on it.
From top left, clockwise:
1.The pleats on this leather Treesje Tristan purse in pumpkin are ill; I’m convinced this bad boy would look right nice on my wrist (Piperlime, $665).
2. April Harrison is one of my favorite contemporary fine artists, and this piece, titled “God Bless America,” gets this Obama Mama in a really patriotic mood (Avisca Fine Arts, $600).
3. If I get nothing else on Sunday, a little–okay, a lot of–peace and quiet, full control over the remote, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed between naps would make mommy very happy. (Dream Essenceâ„¢ Lavender Scented Aromatherapy Eye Mask by Dream Essentials, $24.95).
4. I’d definitely be more inspired to go to the park if I had one of these bad girls! (Cannondale F7 Feminine Women’s Bike, REI, $599).
5. A spa day at Bliss Spa Atlanta would be fantastic, but I’d definitely settle for this at-home facial care set (Bliss, $95).
6. Come on, now: A girl can never have too many shoes–especially if they’re as flirty and sexy as this BCBG sandal in Amaretto (BCBG, Piperlime, $110).
So what’s on your Mother’s Day swag wish list? (Hint: Leave links in the comments section, and then casually show your husband/significant other this page if you have to. Welcome.)
Let's downgrade a bit, shall we? LOL!
ALDO Montecosaro – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001LGX4EQ?tag=mommydaddyblog-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B001LGX4EQ&adid=1FDADAVHAAWGT8PJA0X5&
Greg Juice & Burnt Sugar – Hair Pomade – http://oyinhandmade.com
HP Mini 1000 Messenger Bag – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028728J4?tag=mommydaddyblog-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B0028728J4&adid=19AZRJ08EST2X95W2SD3&
UV Nail Curing Lamp – http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290307047914
Chic Headbands – http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5673264
bcbg shoes…now that’s a gift!!! love it! happy mother’s day girlie!
luv me some Pooka products!
Sugar scrubs (Guava juice)
Body Mist (Guava)
Elbow Grease ( Mango)
Those sandals are HOT! If you get them are you bringing those on the road trip and um, what size do you wear?
Winks & Smiles,
Those sandals ARE the fire, aren’t they? They’ll definitely be in the bag on the road trip! I’m a size 7, and we WILL box if you try to steal them. I think I might sleep in them… (tee hee!)
Wow, so much for the element of surprise. I think the mothers on here are just a bit too giddy about the “swag.”I like what Sheena @ Mommy Daddy blog is talking about. What’s that word?…downgrade. Sheena is a brilliant lady.
Though I appreciate the ideas, those prices are outrageous!! Sorry, I am on a much tighter budget than that as a single parent of four children 🙂
@presious: I said these items would make me happy. Ain’t no way in the world I’d ever get them (thus the caveat “something similar to it”).
A girl can dream on her blog, can’t she? LOL!
happy mother’s day denene!
my perfect day would include sleeping in (with an infant that means 8am, but i’ll take it), breakfast at flying biscuit or thumbs up (yum), church, piedmont park and then a shopping trip to the CCO (at discover mills) for discount MAC and Clinique! It’s possible, but not probable. I’m sure i’ll enjoy my day nonetheless. You do the same. Smooches
April Harrison will be at Avisca Fine Art Gallery on Friday June 5, 6-9 pm. Hope you can make it.
Your friends at Avisca Fine Art Gallery